While my amazing tour manager duo, Jane and Karina, still have some final bookings to confirm, I have most of my fall 2014 schedule posted. In addition to performing Transfigurations–Transgressing Gender in the Bible, a performance lecture that explores the stories and lives of gender outlaws in the Bible, I have four new presentations I now have ready for public enjoyment and edification.
- Two talks: A Queer Response to Climate Change–What Would Walt Whitman Do? and Climate Change–What’s Faith Got to Do with It?
- A Workshop: Beyond Greenwashing and Polar Bears
- A new one-person play: Does This Apocalypse Make Me Look Fat? A comedy about broken bodies–large and small.
The tour begins this weekend with a performance of Transfigurations in State College, PA on Saturday followed by a special presentation about my own funky, off-beat look at global warming on Sunday at the Friends Meeting. Later in the month I will hop on an Amtrak train and cross the country heading up into Vancouver, BC. The train is like a rolling reading retreat for me as I nestle in my sleeper car.
The Peterson Apocalypse Tour includes:
- Oct 7 & Oct 15 Susquehanna University
- Oct 18 & 19 Lancaster, PA
- Oct 29-Nov 2 Minneapolis, MN
- Nov 5-10 British Columbia
- Nov 11-15 Washington and Oregon
- Nov 19 & 20 Simpson College, Indianola, IA
- Nov 22 & 23 Pittsburgh