I leave tomorrow night for London and will not have time to blog until sometime next week. Some updates:
- I performed Queer 101—Now I Know My gAy,B,C’s at a high school outside of Boston today. The first session had about 350 students and the second session had at least 500. They listened deeply and asked excellent questions. Tomorrow morning I perform the same play at Manchester Community College.
- Beyond Ex-Gay will co-host two conferences in Barcelona at the end of May. I have some info up at our site, but it is in Catalan. I hope to have info in English soon. I will give a keynote address (in Castilian). I mean I can do dinner and directional Spanish, but this is going to be a stretch. I love a challenge.
- On May 5 Beyond Ex-Gay will be featured in LOGO TV’s Be Real Program. (Tom D left me a snarkily sweet text message saying he saw me in the trailer for the program) They interviewed Christine and me as well as my dad, and ex-gay survivors John Holm and Scott Tucker. I think the program runs in rotation throughout the week. (We are also featured in a gay national magazine towards the end of May. I will give you details when I know them.
- I received 100 DVDs of Homo No Mo to take with me to Europe. Don’t forget if you got one of last year’s dodgey version, hit me up for a free upgrade. US copies will be ready by mid-June if not sooner.
- I had a large bowl of sweet brown rice today. YUM.
- I will be in the UK and Europe the next five weeks with stops in St. Albans, London, Cardiff (Wales), Oxford, Leeds, Belfast (Northern Ireland), Barcelona and Madrid. Check out the performance schedule for details.
- Marvin came out of the closet, kinda.