After 24 hours of travel, I arrived safe and sound in Southern Wales. Here is how the trip went.
- Yesterday at noon I met Sarah, my booking agent, at noon for lunch (Vietnamese) then she dropped me off at the bus station in Hartford, Connecticut (aka where I live)
- I took the 2:00 PM Peter Pan bus to NYC. It was supposed to get in at 4:30 but with the traffic got in at 6 pm.
- Took the E subway to the Air Train in Queens, NY
- Took Air Train to JFK airport
- Hung out for 4.5 hours eating vegan junk food, writing e-mails and chatting on the phone.
- At 11:30 PM flew to London. Sat next to Gerry, a very cool New Yorker who works as a consultant to museums around the world.
- Arrived at Heathrow at 11:30 AM (today)
- Went through immigrations (actual conversation with immigration official–“You were just here in May. Why are you back again? Why were you here then? Why did stay for a week, leave then come back for another week.” I told him that I am an artist. That sufficed.
- Took 1:15 bus to Cardiff, Wales.
- Arrived at 4:00 PM and was met by John Henson, my host and author of The Gay Disciple.
- Took another bus to his home where I met his partner Valerie, who served me a stunning vegan dinner that consisted of a bean stew, new potatoes and a plum crumble with soya custard for desert.
So after much travel, I am cozy and well fed and well loved and will go to bed soon. John and I have been talking about the Bible and trans people. Between Valerie’s cooking, Bible discussions with John AND that they have wi-fi, I may never leave.