How on earth is Global Climate Change a Queer Issue?
How are LGBTQ folks specially positioned to creatively consider Global Warming and develop strategies for addressing it?
What exactly do queer people bring to the table?
And What does Walt Whitman have to do with it?
Peterson Toscano offers a presentation that is guaranteed to expand your thinking, give you hope, and provide direction for you and your community in the face of big changes on our little planet. Discover your role on our new earth and learn how LGBTQ folks and communities already have experiences and resources that we can draw on in the midst of our current and growing climate crisis. It’s time for the ultimate makeover!
A Queer Response to Climate Change
Tuesday October 7, 2014 4:30 PM
Fisher 317, Susquehanna University, Selinsgrove, PA
Hosted by Susquehanna Gender and Sexuality Alliance.
This lively lecture includes live performance and addresses multiple issues including:
- Climate Change as a human rights issue
- Facing Extinction: Lessons learned from HIV/AIDS activism
- Transitioning bodies, Transforming spaces
- Queer households training society to live in community
- LGBTQ Rights in the midst of political disorder
- Queer intersection of women’s issues, immigration, and climate change
- It’s NOT just about the children–moving beyond a heteronormative climate message