I have some photos for you! Since I arrived on Friday, I have stayed at the home of John and Valerie Henson. John, who will also present at Greenbelt this weekend, is the author of several books including, The Gay Disciple and Good as New–A Radical Retelling of the Scriptures. Our talks nourish, challenge and delight me. Both Valerie and John are smart, spiritual and sensible people (and Valerie is a great cook too and so kind to make me vegan meals).
Pictured below you will see…
- John and Valerie’s lovely cat, who allowed me to scratch her back. Like most cats, she has not forgotten that her kind were once worshiped in Egypt. (Christine, I took this photo just for you)
- their garden patch (forest?) of rhubarb. Valerie made a gorgeous rhubarb crumble (with non-dairy custard!)
- me with a packet of nut loaf from Asda (the UK Walmart). WHY don’t we have this yummylicious item in US supermarkets???
- a couple playing bowls at the park near the house
- the turn-off to the beach where a beech tree is bursting through the stone wall
- the Welsh coast during high tide. About an hour later I walked across a stretch of beautiful soft sand. Since no one was around, I sunbathed nude. Momma will be proud to know that I finally got some color in my cheeks.
Click photos to Enlarge.