Phew. I have been on the road for two weeks and touched down (or blew through) Indiana, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virgina, North Carolina, Texas (8 hour unexpected layover in Houston) and now Oregon. It has been GREAT but exhausting.
Right now I am in the home of Doug and Bruce–so relaxing here, like a mini-retreat (I know Doug I need a longer retreat 🙂
I have SO MUCH to blog about!
- There is Eugene’s exceptional article at Ex-Gay Watch–What is a Gay Christian? A MUST READ for those who are interested in the Bible and Homosexuality.
- There is the recent Tyra Banks show that touched on the ex-gay movement, what they left out, what I think and what you think.
- There is the LONG car ride with my wonderful dad and our discussion about the two times he and my mom came to the Love in Action program for the Family and Friends Weekend.
- There is all the new music I have recently purchased. (Bright Eyes, I’m From Barcelona, Ted Leo & the Pharmacists, Kate Havenik)
- There is the story of the Really Pissed-Off Grannies and their successful infiltration and protest of a Karl Rove appearance here in Portland. My buddy Bonnie Tinker was involved in that action. (They got in because as grandmothers dressed for a birthday party, no suspected that in their wrapped presents they had the props for their mock citizens’ arrest of Kark Rove right outside the ballroom where he spoke)
Instead I leave you with some photos I took with yesterday when Bonnie and I returned from our speaking engagement at the Quaker meeting house in Corvalis. Enjoy the beauty. (Although Willie Hewe has seen nicer in her homeland)
In response to Noël’s request, you can see my full schedule for Portland here.